Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ambassadors

One of the things I have been made aware of this week is my position in Christ as an agent or Ambassador of Mercy.  I have received so much mercy from God, it only seems natural that my prayers should be reflecting this truth in how I pray for others.

Revelation 1:5b-6 (NKJV)
5b To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Now, I may not actually see myself as either a king or a priest, but Jesus does.  I do see myself as having a position, and that position is to serve the Lord and be about the business of the Kingdom.  What does serving the Lord look like?  It is no more than simply obeying the word (both written and spoken) and being aware of and responding to the opportunities which are set before us.  The business of the Kingdom is about demonstrating and proclaiming mercy to everyone and everything we encounter—that is the heart of Jesus.

In reality God is not a destroyer, He is a creator and a lover.  It truly breaks God’s heart when His creation chooses to be disobedient. I am sure it also tries His patience.  God would prefer to extend mercy rather than assign the destroyer (Satan) to wreak havoc in anyone’s life or upon the land in which we live.
Satan does not have free reign in our lives or even in the world. Satan can only move as he is allowed to move according to the Lord’s permission. 

So the business of the Kingdom is that we become “Agents and Ambassadors of Mercy,” extending the reach of the Lord into our daily lives, to our families, our friends, our church, our coworkers, and even to our government.


Ezekiel 22:30 (NKJV)
30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.

We do not always have to be overt in declaring God’s mercy. As intercessors we can stand in a position of authority and declare God’s mercy over any given situation as the Lord leads us to do so.  The only requirement is that we “just do it” rather than just thinking or talking about it. 

The Lord has declared us to be Kings and Priests unto our God.
As Kings, if we obey Him, we will rule and reign with Christ on this earth.

2 Timothy 2:12 (NKJV)
12 If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.


As Priests we serve, and take each and every opportunity to extend the mercy of God.

Revelation 5:8-10 (NKJV)
8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”


In regards to our position, we have a high calling with Jesus to stand in the gap between heaven and earth, to declare the things of the Kingdom and speak them into existence.  Recognizing that it is God’s mercy that impacts generation after generation—this is putting faith into action.



Isaiah 46:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

Our God loves us and expresses so much mercy that we barely have the capacity to receive it.  May your understanding or your position grow and expand as an Ambassador for Christ, and may you grow in every aspect of God’s mercy to know the depths of His love for you as He calls you to explore these deeper places with Him. 

Stephen Barnett

God is good all the time—all the time God is good!


Mercy Is Falling
(David Ruis)

Mercy is falling, is falling, is falling
Mercy it falls
Like the sweet spring rain
Mercy is falling
Is falling all over me

Hey - oh
I receive Your mercy
Hey - oh
I receive Your grace
Hey - oh
I will dance forevermore
Copyright © 1995 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.
The music and lyrics above are for educational purposes only and not for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment