Tuesday, September 10, 2019

"...I made you and will take care of you" Isaiah 46:3-5 (NCV)


Here is a perfect example of God’s love for His creation.  He “carries us since we were born”, here is a God who knows our outcome and our future.  It is amazing to think that God was with us since we were born, even though we were unaware of His presence around us.  He holds us like a Father holds His newborn son with joy and with pride while looking toward our growth and potential as an adult. 

“I have taken care of you from your birth” is a statement that God has always had our outcome well within the grasp of His control, and has provided us with a pledge of constant care and watchfulness over our development.

I have heard people state that  "God does not know me or even care about my outcome," but the opposite is actually true, He not only cares for us from the day we were born, but he interacts with us in ways which often go noticed or are unseen, I admit that growing in Christ is a hidden act of love that can only be experienced through our continued connection with our Savior.  We can ask Him to reveal His love and devotion to us so that we can know Him and His love for us.

The Scriptures say in Hebrews 13:8 that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” He never changes or has a different frame of reference due to our development and occasional rebelliousness to Him.  He is patient and Kind always responding to us with love and mercy by stretching out His arms to us in times of trouble and in times of peace.

From a personal perspective, Now that I am older, I sense confidence in God’s presence due to lifetime of interaction between Him and I, He is always there beside me looking out for me and leading me in paths which He has chosen for me to walk.  I can always choose to walk a different path,  I have the freedom to do so, that is the choice of free will.  God doesn’t force me to follow His ways any more than a loving parent would, but it is so much better when I am connecting with my Savior and allowing Him to instruct and guide me into all truth, my life is so much more peaceful and everything seems to flow so much easier when compared with the tension that comes when I am in rebellion to Him and His ways.

God doesn’t turn away from us just because we become older, we are still His children no matter what our age.  It is that perspective that always surprises me, that there is never anything that disqualifies me from receiving His love for me.  He will always take care of me and walk beside me to lead me how I should go, it is from that awareness that I find such joy that I always have a protector who will always have my outcome planned out for me. 

When I have difficulties or troubles I can call on Him, and stand in the confidence of my relationship with Him and declare victory over any obstacles that are in my path.  Nothing is too hard for the Lord.

I love that it says in this passage “I made you and will take care of you” it is easy to lose that perspective that we are His handiwork.  We were formed by Him and shaped into the person we have become because of Him, it is when we surrender to Him that our lives reflect the beauty of our creator.  Even those who have led hard lives can turn to Him and find His rest which brings with it His peace which can become part of their life story also.  God always wants to carry our hard burden so that we can rest in Him.  His burden is easy and light and doesn’t carry with it any expectations other than His love for us. 

This passage ends with “No one is equal to me or like me” which is a true statement.  There is no one like our God and no one who can even compare.  His love transcends both time and space to reach us where we are, right in the center of His hand.  There is no safer place to be in a world that is full of chaos and disorder, He is a refuge from everything that opposed to peace.  His love keeps us safe and provides shelter for us amid the turmoil. 

He says “I will carry you and save you.” Even when we do not have that strength to continue on or to even come to Him, He will carry us and save us to bring us to a place of safety.  The Lord is always our savior especially when we need saving.  I am glad that this part of His nature never changes.

We serve a Good God.
Be Blessed;
Stephen Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment